Thursday, July 10, 2008

Convenience

I have been a lot of difficulties getting all my employees and clients together at the same time for conferences. We have a lot employees that are out of state and even a few that are out of the country. One of my employees suggested setting up and account with Eagle Teleconferencing so we could have a 24 hour voice mail box that my employees can call in at any point in time and listen to the call. This makes it so much more convenient for everyone to hear the call whenever it was convenient for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was browsing the internet trying to find a conferencing center with affordable prices and 24 hour services and ran across Eagle Teleconferencing. I got the number and called to talk to a sales rep to find out what it would take for me to set up an account. I had an account and a call set up that day. It's was very convenient having all that done in just one phone call.