Wednesday, July 16, 2008

When the company that I'm working for decided they wanted to do something different about the way they were conducting meetings and seminars someone suggested Eagle Teleconferencing. A conferencing center thats open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week with several types of conference call options, such as dial-ins, dial-outs, recordings, playbacks, and more. Without the costs of traveling or the inconvenience of planning around everyones agendas, this was the perfect solution. In just one call to the staff at Eagle I had an account set up along with the next 2 weeks seminars scheduled. With it being my first time setting up calls I wasn't sure what to expect or where to start to set these calls up. The reservations department walked me through step by step and made it very easy for me to understand. They asked for the date, time, preference of pin numbers and dial in numbers, and how many lines we wanted on the call. I wanted the confirmation via e-mail and within the hour we had our confirmation and were ready to start our first conference call. Of course with it being our first conference call, we had a lot of questions and the staff at Eagle was there to answer my questions every time I called with another one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are like me and you forget to set up a conference call that is suposed to take place in an hour and you need it done right now, its a comfort knowing that you can call and set it up and get a confirmation over the phone in just a few minutes. No matter what part of the world you are calling from there is always someone at Eagle Teleconferencing to make sure this happens for you as quickly as possible. It's also extremely convenient that they can fax, e-mail, call, or keep you on the line for a confirmations. I can always expect a reply within the hour.