Thursday, July 17, 2008

No Problems

I am always reluctant to try something new. I was having a lot of problems with the conferencing service that I had been using and a friend told me he used Eagle Teleconferencing. He said he had never had a problem. So I called Eagle set up an account. I was very nervous changing company's and all. The staff at Eagle was there for me every time I had a question someone was there to answer it. I have not had a problem since I went to Eagle. Thanks to the Eagle staff.

2 comments:

Marty said...

I'm very reluctant to try new things too. When I heard about Eagle Teleconferencing from a friend and he had no complaints at all. TRY IT!!!

Anonymous said...

I have had a conference line with Eagle Teleconferencing for several years now. I have been checking into the audio podium & web conferencing features. I have most of my calls recorded with Eagle Teleconferening, and we also request a waive cd of the call. We always get our cd within 3 days. If it wasn't for Eagle Teleconferencing recording our live conference calls our late callers wouldn't be able to call in and listen to the missed call.